Sunday, February 14, 2010

costco

some battles are just not worth having.

like the battle i just had with the guy at costco. i'm in the self check out line, everything is going just dandy, when this short hyper guy in jeans and a hand held scanner attacks my shopping cart and hollers about the inability of the machine to read the loaf of bread i'm in the process of buying. um, excuse me, but did anyone ask you to talk?

ok, i don't know about you, but my main thought at that moment is "lay off, buster". as if he couldn't make matters worse, he orders me to leave the bread in the cart and loudly asks if i have ever used a self check out before.

now listen, i may not know a whole lot about a lot of things, but like most women in the United States I have in fact used a self check out line before. and what's with the anger over the bread? it's not like i was trying to steal a rolex.

i find that my sense of humor sometimes evades me when i need it the most. see, most normal people could just laugh such an incident off. but not me. no. my rights have been violated, i need a lawyer. or a store manager at least. by the time i've hunted for someone who cares, my blood pressure is through the roof, my items are not purchased, and no one is the better for it but my friend with the hand held scanner who couldn't give a darn what i thought.

and i look over and see my sister just chuckling away.

yeah. some battles are just not worth having.

No comments: