Wednesday, February 17, 2010

24/7

Where is your God he asks
And looks at me
With piercing eyes
In tattered clothes
All warmth evades
His mother dead
His father gone
The future bleak
Disaster real

Where is your God she asks
Her child is sick
All hope is lost
No tears roll down
Her shattered face
She sits alone
In disarray
If God did care
Why does he dare

Where is your God they ask
We used to pray
The word obey
But trials came
Along the way
Our shoulders bend
Beneath the strain
Of hurtful words
And broken dreams

Then suddenly
the wind picked up
The sun came out
Behind the hills
And clouds began to
Disappear
And then too soon
In turn the moon
Shone brightly down
For all around

My God is big
His presence near
By day by night
And come what may
In summer, fall
And winter, spring
There is no need
He does not see
Nor angry word
He does not hear

He never leaves
No matter what
And just when I
Misunderstand
His purposes his plans his way
He still is near
And whispers clear
My child I’m here
Yes even still
I’m always here

labujamra

No comments: