Sunday, September 9, 2007

passion

As I look out my window I see the path that leads to a stadium. There is a soccer game this afternoon, and I have never in my entire life seen so many people rushing to one place with a single goal in mind: cheering their favorite team on to victory.

Passion for something is an interesting concept. You can be passionate about a sports team, an activity, a particular gadget.

Still - misplaced passion - as passionate as it sounds - means absolutely nothing. The point isn't the passion itself, but the object of one's passion.

We live in a time where ideology is rampant. Most of the people I work with are pretty passionate about things like global warming and recycling. I suppose to work in the crazy ER environment, one also has to be passionate about helping the poor and social equality.

And then there's religion. Who hasn't heard of great acts of philanthropy and sacrifice in the name of a church or a particular faith? Passion continues to lead many young men and women to give their lives in the name of their false god.

But again: misplaced passion means absolutely nothing!

One day, we will see hoards of people marching on - not to a soccer game - but to face Jesus Christ - sitting on His throne. Refusing to believe that notion does nothing to change the reality of it. It will happen.

Will you recognize him when you walk into that stadium?

Believe me - if you know Jesus - well, that's something to cheer passionately about - at home or at work!! Don't wait until eternity to electrify your world with that knowledge. Reach out in love to those around you with that truth. It could change their life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can get the power to face the boss with love. God's presence within you will enable you . Sounds encouraging. Wish I could attend. I would like encouragement in this area.

lina said...

thanks for the word. i needed it today more than you can imagine - God used it in an awesome way to encourage me!!