Thursday, September 6, 2007

my first blog

It's a lot of pressure trying to figure out what to say on this first blog!! I know, I know, only 2 people are actually going to read it, but those 2 people could end up being my mother and Oprah Winfrey!!

Power at work.

I want it. I want to be able to face my boss and respond in love. I want to reach out in kindness to that really really mean person in the cubicle next door. I want to turn the other cheek, be willing to give up the seat up front, and, yes, pick up that towel to wash those feet.

It sounds lofty. And maybe it is. But that's the thing about Bible Study. God has a way of showing up during Bible Study. And what seems impossible all of a sudden becomes natural.

Power at work. It is possible.

Why don't you give it a try this year?

Come to Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows Illinois on Thursday night at 7pm. I'm teaching the class called power at work: biblical principles for the working women. We're studying the book of genesis. It's gonna be great.

You can also check out my website poweratwork.org for more detals about the class!

1 comment:

Leaking Moonlight said...

Godspeed and a hug. I'll be in your cheering section.